3 Cups shredded coconut
4 Egg whites
1/2 Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Toast the coconut on a stovetop for 5 minutes until golden.
- Whisk together egg whites, vanilla extract, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the toasted coconut and stir together until evenly combined.
- Line a pan with parchment paper, and shape the coconut mixture into small balls.
- Bake for 20 minutes the top of the macaroon should appear golden.
- Let macaroons cool for 5 minutes.